Today is one of my very favorite days in the whole year. In the last month (plus a couple of days) we’ve had a baby, celebrated my birthday, celebrated Christmas, and started a new year, so what could be so special about January 4? Well, on this day 33 years ago my very favorite human in all the universe was born. So, without further ado, I want to say Happy Birthday, Husband!! I give you 33 things I love about Kyle Ledyard. 😉
1. I love how you never stop learning. You always have something you’re researching, digging into, learning, studying, or questioning, and I admire that so much.
2. Your cool-headed logic no matter the circumstances. Literally nothing phases you, and you are always ready with a solution or plan.
3. Your handsome brown eyes
4. Your smile complete with the most perfect dimples
5. Your leadership- the way you lead our family, your business, all of it. You lead with kindness and respect, and people know they can trust and follow your lead.
6. I love that you’re a good cook.
7. I love that you can fix literally anything: the cars, the computers, the house, anything.
8. You have an adventurous spirit, and I love that. You’re always up for travel or trying something new or going on a random adventure with me/us.
9. You know my love language (quality time) and speak it fluently.
10. You are such a supportive husband, and I will never be able to fully express how much that means to me. From my business pursuits to homeschool plans, you’re always right there with me, cheering me on, willing to step in and do whatever it takes to make my dreams come true.
11. I love watching you be such a wonderful daddy to our babies. They know their daddy loves them, believes in them, and will do absolutely anything for them, and that is a priceless thing.
12. Your broad shoulders 😉
13. I love listening to you play guitar and sing.
14. Watching you build your business over the last two years has been so fun. I love watching you work and build this thing that creates such beautiful work.
15. You give the best back massages.
16. I love that you’re a dreamer like me. You keep your head out of the clouds better than I do, but you dream big dreams with me and are happy to endlessly talk about how we make those dreams a reality.
17. As much as I love that you’re a dreamer, I love that you’re an action-taker even more. You don’t just sit around dreaming dreams and then leaving them as drams. You take steps to make them actually happen, and I really love that.
18. You’re smart.
19. You’re kind.
20. I love that you still hold my hand, randomly pull me in for a hug and a kiss while I’m cooking dinner, flirt with me, and slow-dance with me in the kitchen.
21. I love that you’re a reader like me. You’re always seeking to learn something knew from a book.
22. You are such a hard worker. You make sure that anything you set your hand to is done well, and I love that there are now structures all over our city that you built that show this perfectly.
23. You serve and care about others. From the homeless people you stop and pass a $20 to to friends and family, you notice people and genuinely care about them, and I love that.
24. I love your creativity. From the things you design and build to your music to the fun ideas of things to do with and for the kids or as a family, you have the best ideas.
25. You’re so handsome.
26. You’re a man of integrity, and I’m so proud to think our boy will grow up with you as his role model.
27. You do most the of the driving on road trips, and I will never be able to adequately thank you for that.
28. You’re always warm while I’m always cold. I love that I can always count on you to warm up my cold hands or feet.
29. You eat my cake and give me your icing, and it’s the epitome of win-win.
30. You willingly go along with my tradition obsession. From our annual viewing of Remember the Titans, It’s a Wonderful Life, A Muppet’s Christmas Carol, Charlie Brown Christmas, and Elf to building gingerbread houses and everything in between. Thanks for being involved and having fun alongside us.
31. You make me laugh. Life with you is brilliant, full of color, never dull, and so full of blessings. I’m the luckiest woman alive.
32. You inspire me, encourage me, and love me so well, and it is the biggest blessing of my life to be your wife.
33. Most of all, I love your heart for Christ and how you try to be an extension of His hands and feet to a hurting world around us.
Happy Birthday, Husband. We’ve officially known each other for half of our lives at this point, and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Every year gets sweeter and sweeter. For more reasons why I love my husband, check out his birthday post from a couple of years ago!
January 4, 2022